Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2004 Forester XT
Black

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallySoob View Post
haha no doubt..Type2 is smokin out the ears. I collect haters no worries

So its coming together. Surgeline is making a limp E-tune for me as we speak. I just need to flash my eco when I get it and go. They are doing the finishing touches on the motor now as well. I checked it out this morning and they got it all in and wrapped the downpipe and up-pipe. The invidia downpipe, turbo and perrin turbo inlet combo just looks knarly...SO much airflow going on there. I definately need that wick tmi woohoo
LOL pretty sure the UMAD BRO was directed at you after your little tirade on post #47. Regardless, everything looks like it is coming together quite nicely. You're going to have a lot of fun.

Regarding the lightweight pulley, I researched it for my build and opted against it. The gains were too small vs the risks of misfires, idling issues, etc. Others like the poster above has used it and loved it.

Whoever wrapped your down pipe looks like they missed about 6" of the most critical part (i.e. right after the turbo). I would ask them to re-wrap it properly or just make a mental note to do it yourself. Also, they should have used DEI Titanium wrap - looks like they used the cheap stuff. It's still better than nothing, but when you are using a TMIC (like me) you need every single thing to be done right to minimize heat soak.

I see they used a SS line for the turbo oil feed - good idea. Sometimes the old lines crack and leak, and the filters in them can get clogged.

I wasn't being a dick before, and I'm not "hatin", but I still stand by everything I said. You have a lot to learn, but there's nothing like shelling out $9k on an engine build that suddenly makes you want to research and learn everything possible! Ask me how I know, lol.

Good luck! And I still want to see a dyno plot when you get it tuned.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Type2 is online now   Reply With Quote