Old 03-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #12
izzay
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 218765
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i
Metallic Grey

Well, even with some experimentation on the spark plug removal, it took me 90 minutes, WITH repair beer. The dealership said the time is necessary so they can jack up the engine for easy access (is this a joke?).

I will wait to hear back on the appeal to Subaru. I contested the dealership's refusal to file the costs under the warranty on the basis of the warranty paperwork. On the basis of the conversation with the Subaru CSR, it likely has a 50% chance of being covered (CSR: "such a repair should be covered by the warranty or at the least the dealership that damaged the lug nut").

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfang View Post
Yes Peter has since left but it is not hard to simply say I want technician A to work on my car nobody else. You can even walk back there with them to ensure that it happens. They probably had an extra lug nut laying around and used that instead of charging you for a new one. Now if they charged you for one, then you should complain.

3 hours? Dear god. When I worked for Pence we were doing turbo engine spark plugs for less than that
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
izzay is offline   Reply With Quote