Member#: 873
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2014 GLK/allroad
Datsun 71 240Z & 68 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustyWRC View Post
Bang for your buck=EVERYTHING.

You keep pulling out individual things that beat the Subaru. That is not bang for your buck. That is...when I want to go to the track, I take my mustang. When I want to go get groceries in 2 foot of snow, I take my STI. If I want to feel good about my interior when I am driving around, I'll take my GTI. NO ONE else gives you ALL the things Subaru does in ONE package.....

Will you "settle" for 2WD? Have 2 doors so it is harder to put in a child seat? Have a "nicer" interior? Whatever.

It officially came out of a FHI execs mouth "to win in motorsports". He didn't specify WRC though and it wasn't quite 2 years ago.
Um.. Cough Golf R Cough.

Not true, THe Golf R is like a refined STI. 95% of the performance and 150% of the refinement. It is the closest thing to the perfect combination of sportiness and luxury I have found for less than 40k dollars. AWD means no compromises, and the 6spd manual is a joy to use. The interior makes you happy you spent 36 large, and all the little thoughtful touches lets you know that they have been making the Golf for a million years and they have figured out clever things that make your life easy and the drive enjoyable.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.