Scooby Newbie

Member#: 249130
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
0095 Ver5 STi Type R
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfelstead View Post
VF29 will get you a safe 300/300, maybe 310 if you wring it's neck, which is not advisable as they throw turbine blades above 1.6BAR.

For 400BHP you dont need to touch the heads or cams.

Manley rods are up to the job, no point spending big money when you have a perfectly good rod available at a great price. Take a look at Mahle pistons, i prefer them to wiseco, at that power you could use the lower expansion material version, rather than the outright high power 2618 high expansion material, the low expansion material will be a quieter piston option.

Dont use an 11mm pump, it's overkill for this engine, all it will do is heat the oil up as more gets bypassed back to the sump via the Pressure regulator. A good condition 10mm pump is what you want, make sure you polish the pressure relief valve.

Hey thanx again for your input. I actually bought a 95L last week for $300 and it runs pretty good.. too bad its getting stripped. But about the oil pump and the oil heating up, I have a spec-c oil cooler, so won't that remedy that problem? From what I've been told is that the 11mm is the way to go, and that the 12mm was over kill.
Also, I'm looking for a vf36 to replace my vf29. I'm hoping that will get me to 400 with the built bottom end.
As of now, I'm still stripping the 95 down, getting ready for paint, and I needed more than just my Ver6 ej207, so I should have a Ver6 STi RA WRC Limited at my house in about 3 weeks. I couldn't find certain parts, so I decided to just buy the whole car..-minus the rear sheet metal of course. Such a shame to cut that car! But yeah...So that's when the fun starts.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by WelDun1; 03-25-2013 at 07:24 AM.
WelDun1 is offline   Reply With Quote