Scooby Newbie

Member#: 103281
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
'03 996tt
'84 302 rx7

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWannaSubie7 View Post
Is it a good thing or bad thin g that all my calories came in liquid form today?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWannaSubie7 View Post
Holy wow wish I'd waited until today to weigh in. Dehydration I guess, but apparently dropped 9 since yesterday
I can't speak knowledgeably about nutrient absorption and whether or not solid foods are better than liquid in that sense, but as mentioned, solid foods tend to taste better . I think there's something to be said about developing an unhealthy relationship with food when you experience a quick loss thanks to something like a liquid diet though. Don't be surprised if your weight spikes up quickly and certainly don't use a liquid diet as a healthy way to shed some quick pounds.

It is just a quick way to lose water weight, but it won't change your body composition. You just experienced what most wrestlers, fighters, bodybuilders, etc... typically do towards the end of a cut to make weight. Except they typically manipulate water intake to trigger the suppression and secretion of antidiuretic hormone for a week or so before switching off solid foods to a lighter (weight-wise not calorically or nutritionally lighter) liquid diet.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
idget_rex is offline   Reply With Quote