Old 03-27-2013, 06:46 AM   #1
jayrad313
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 351485
Vehicle:
2002 wrx
black

Default New to buru's and boost...

just picked up my first subaru after wanting/looking at them for a while. It's a 2002 wrx and so far i'm pretty pleased (for the most part) it came with the following
-turbo xs BOV
-manual boost control
-up/downpipe, TBE (I believe turboxs as well but have no clue, just what i was told)
-ACT clutch/flywheel
-stage 2 tune

now this might sound stupid but within a week i have completely swapped many things on the car per info on this site (i purchased because it had a GREAT maintenance history and lowest miles i could find for what i wanted to spend 100k)
i've ditched the BOV for stock BPV, Ditched the AEM intake for Cobb, deleted manual boost control for factory boost control, and re-tuned with a cobb accessport.
I'm also looking at dropping the ACT clutch/flywheel for exedy stockers (daily driving kinda sucks with the shudder this thing has)

being new to these is there anything i should particularly be looking for/keeping an eye on maintenance or problem wise. I already made the DIY boost leak tool to give that a go when the weekend comes but all in all the car runs strong w/no issues, knock on wood.

also, does anyone have suggestions other than what i've listed for my clutch set up?
thanks again and I look forward to modding, wrenching on, and driving my new toy....
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by jayrad313; 03-27-2013 at 04:06 PM.
jayrad313 is offline   Reply With Quote