View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 06:28 PM   #339
cookcle
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 306704

Add another one to the oil consumption issues. It started happening around 16000 miles if I recall correctly. I had to put a Qt in and thought it was odd. Then, around 18500 I had to put another one in. I got my oil changed at 19500 and started an oil consumption test. When I went in at 21000 they had to add 1/2 Qt. Now at 23000 my oil light just came on again(that happens if its a Qt low, right?)

I'm going in tomorrow to have it measured and topped off. I'm pretty worried after reading through most of this thread..I bought this car because I drive high miles and wanted AWD plus good MPG. I'm getting the good MPG (33 average, I drive mainly highway). But If I have to make up for my gas savings by adding 3 Qts of oil inbetween changes..I won't be saving at all.

What are the requirements for Subaru to acknowledge it as a problem? Over a Qt every 1200 is what I read somewhere in here, is that true? I feel like I should not be using any oil at this point. I used to have a 99 Audi A4 with 160k that used less oil!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
cookcle is offline   Reply With Quote