Scooby Newbie

Member#: 240113
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2010 WRB WRX 5dr
2013 DGM WRX 4dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowIMg View Post
No, I was in no way afraid of a couple of annoying college kids. However, it was not passive aggressive, it was a request. I gave them the option to stop without involving authorities, they chose not to.

There is exactly no upside to me 'confronting' them with this. Nor any reason for me to waste my time. I wrote a note that said "stop smoking in the building" and left it on their door. It took me all of 5 seconds. I did not care to have a discussion on it, it wasn't a topic open for debate. It was do this or I'll report it to the authorities.

His exhaust may be legal, but most likely it's not. Very few aftermarket exhausts are. Many neighborhoods also have additional agreements in your neighborhood laws/etc around noise, times, etc. My point is, be damn sure you're on the right side of all applicable laws/regulations. Your neighbors have no obligation to even give you notice.

I'm not sure why you immediately assume this all comes down to fear. It's a least-effort approach, because you shouldn't have to deal with it in the first place.
So you're a snitch over something harmless. Got it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.