i wouldnt suggest buying this and i will tell you why.
1. I have a 95 sti ver 2 engine swap and i havent swapped it my car yet but i now all the in's and outs about because it has been 2 years and im still gathering parts.
2. the 95 sti ver 2 ej20g doesnt have the necessary emissions stuff for obd 2 cars like the 2.5rs's. i dont have to worry cause my swap is going into my 95 obd 1 impreza L.
3. buying a modded car and especially a swapped car can be a money pit. and yes i have seen it
4. you said your a student. best thing to do is get a closes to stock as possible wrx that you can lightly mod or a stock 2.5rs
5. I wouldnt suggest a engine swap let alone a jdm engine swap. there is alot of parts gathering involved.
summary...honestly man that 2.5rs swapped car sounds too good to be true man. all in all its your choice but a 2.5rs with a wrx engine would be a potentially safer buy than a 2.5rs with a jdm engine that is 5 years before its time, especially when you need a state inspection