Scooby Newbie

Member#: 47036
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
10 TBHOG
93 Hilux

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikataganai View Post
You seem like you'd be a perfect candidate for a CPO 4Runner Trail Edition, no? My main gripe with it was the visibility, but since you already drive a FJ Cruiser that wouldn't be an issue at all.
Same engine, so I really don't gain anything by going 4Runner.

I'm looking for something with a decent tow rating and very good in bad weather that gets an mpg in the mid-upper 20s. I can't get a small car because of the winters around here- it just doesn't work out. Right now I live out in the sticks on top of a mountain, and my commute home is in the early morning which usually means that the roads are fairly unplowed near my house. My driveway is long and usually not plowed in the AM unless there's a lot of snow. The storm before last we got 6" of snow and I ended up getting stuck in the driveway, and I have a good set of studded snow tires.

I've really enjoyed the convenience and reliability of the FJ and don't want to lose it, but I can't justify 18mpg on an 80 mile commute. I've driven it about 3 times since the beginning of January. It's definitely not worth it to keep it, but I can't rely on the RSX.

Something like this seems to check all the boxes as long as its good, and not priced astronomically. So we'll see.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
upnygimp is offline   Reply With Quote