View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 09:51 AM   #193
Sufficient for Sharky
Member#: 55173
Chapter/Region: MAIC
with paddles.

Originally Posted by MyDopeWrx View Post
Honestly this is exactly what is wrong with most people. Too afraid to say anything to this guys face about his car. Not like he is standing in his yard buck naked
What is it about a polite note that is inherently wrong, and what about face-to-face is inherently right? The fact that you think it's a matter of "fear" indicates you're looking at this from the wrong perspective. This is not a conflict. There is no "him vs the neighbors." It's a simple request.

On a related note, there's a guy in my neighborhood with a newer WRX with an exhaust. When I first moved into the neighborhood, I pulled a "I hear a Subaru! Where is it???" the first few times her drove by. I can hear this guy start his car 300 yards away, actually. Now, I suspect he thought I was eying him up, thinking he was driving too fast, and I think perhaps he might drive a little extra carefully as a result. Now, I actually wasn't eying him up at all. I just thought it looked/sounded nice and it made me nostalgic for my WRX. But the point is, he was self-aware and made the adult decision to act like he lives in a society with other people around, and made a small adjustment accordingly (even if unnecessarily).
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.