Thread: FS: (For Sale) ej257 shortblock
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #15
cranberryumyum
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (4)

Member#: 275456
Chapter/Region: MWSOC

pm i sent to the moderators. thiis guy is a huge scammer and ****ed me out of almost $3k

[quote=cranberryumyum]http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2402189

the link above is not the exact motor i bought, but he does reference it in that thread. there was never a thread made solely for the motor i purchased.

first hand turn of the motor yielded this:

i only took pictures of two cylinders. it makes my point.
further inspection showed all cylinder walls doing this, with an accompanying sound effects. the ridges you can see, you can feel. there is much more scoring than the pictures show, but it caught the important ones.

the seller has also not sent me the clearance sheet that he apparently made.

the motor was delivered two weeks late. the pistons were changed without my knowledge until the block had already shipped. at this point i am furious, and with no communication from him i called until he answered, and he proceeded to feed me more crap about how the scoring is normal, and the block did not need to be decked.

i promptly disputed the charges on paypal, and told him when he finally called back that i was going to have to wait until tomorrow to talk, because i was fuming mad. i was either going to:
be issued a full refund and he send me a prepaid slip for shipping the motor
or
have someone local do the required work and he would pay for anything necessary

well, he explicitly said no because there are no machine shops in the midwest that would be able to build a motor to the standards he has, and i then informed him i had been in touch with 6 star, p&l, tic, and tom hooker. he then tried to backtrack his many statements and said he would pay for the machining and parts that would need to be ordered. he finally contacted paypal and ignored the agreement we came to inn regards to him paying for the repairs that were needed.

so i present to you the pictures of the unpolished crank that he put in the shortblock, the scarring on the cylinders, and the missing case bolts.

i was supposed to have new rods, and these are obviously well used rods. the seller refuses to answer any calls from me claiming i verbally assaulted him. he would not answer my calls or texts, so i said "answer your f***** phone." he also claimed that if the block was split to assess the damage, his trade secrets would be stolen, which is almost comical considering the quality of craftsmanship he presented me with.

new rods

oil passage
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
cranberryumyum is offline   Reply With Quote