cranberryumyum
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (4)

Member#: 275456
Chapter/Region: MWSOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyyrex View Post
ouch man.
Unfortunately, this is the kind of thing that makes people who buy blocks "sight unseen" scared. While minimal scoring up and down is normal, the cross hatch is extremely important.

That scoring looks extremely severe.
i didn't buy it sight unseen. here is the link to his facebook album. looking more closely at them i can see a few of the issues. i wish i would have seen them sooner. but he didn't post them until after the motor had shipped.

but i have received a few pics via email that he only sent after multiple requests. and still has not sent the clearances sheet. which i havv e a hunch is going to be nowhere near within spec.

tom is unsure whether the scoring c an be honed out. if not, i'll have t get block halves.

the motor was also missing all the access hole covers. put that on top of the missing case bolts and i have already bought $100 in hardware just to have the motor assembled correctly

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...8627747&type=1

i also did not make it clear that i had a professional look at the block, and showed him the pictures in that album. i did not know the extent of the issues other than the scoring until i showed tom the pictures. then decided it would be more time effective if i had the necessary work done to it. the car has been out of commission for two months, and it was my daily. plus with no guarantee of the outcome of the return and the fact he would probably resell the block to someone else kept me from going that route.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by cranberryumyum; 03-28-2013 at 11:14 AM.
cranberryumyum is offline   Reply With Quote