View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #22
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (4)
Member#: 275456
Chapter/Region: MWSOC

Originally Posted by sdmideas View Post
Buyer contacted me about another motor I had,

It was clearly advertised as a rebuilt motor with eagle rods, pistons and jdm crank, new bearings rings seals etc..

Buyer contacted me claiming damage, I responded as soon as possible - sometimes I can't pick up my phone the exact second you call me.

Buyer was upset(understandable).

However after discussing the situation with both Paypal and other local businesses it was agreed upon that the best route for all parties was to use the Paypal returns process. Buyer refused and demanded that he be sent a blank check for an amount near $2000.

Seeing that as a huge liability and not being able to asses the damage personally I chose to stay with the approved Paypal methods under the advisement from Paypal that any other action would not be protected.
you would not respond to any of my attempts to contact you the two days prior of me opening the box and putting the motor on a stand and seeing what scam you had sold me.

explain how your rebuilt motor has used bearings and an unpolished crank, in addition to neglecting five case bolts, not decking the block, and installing the pistons and rings incorrectly. you never explained it to me, so you at the very least owe it to the nasioc community.

also, you advertised the rods as new in case you forgot about that. i asked for a partial refund to pay for the machining, but you didn't take well to that suggestion. so here is the attached email that we agreed upon but you blatantly disregarded that outlined exactly what is the most fair solution proposed by a paypal supervisor which would have been a full refund and i would use those funds to fix what you screwed up and the rest would be returned.

"The seller will refund the full payment of $2,151.00 I paid to him for the motor to complete the necessary machine work and replacement parts to get the motor in useable condition, of which it is not at this present time. The seller stipulated repairs covered by this reimbursement will not exceed the purchase price of the motor, which is $2,151.00. After the machine work has been completed and the parts that needed to be replaced are replaced, the seller will receive the remaining balance left. The deposit for the motor will not be refunded, unless the repairs total over $2,151.00, bringing the total to $2,251.00. This is not expected to happen, but sourcing some parts will be difficult and costly if they are found to be unable to perform their duties. I will also be receiving a partial refund for the oil pump and head stud purchase of the payment totaling $300 in the amount of $100, and shipping that back to the seller. I will pay shipping costs for the oil pump. I am keeping the head studs valued at $200. The gasket kit purchase totaling $175 will not be refunded, and the details of that will be worked out between myself and the seller. That takes care of all four claims made."

when we talked the last time on the phone as soon as i mentioned the unpolished crank pictured in your facebook album you immediately changed your tone and agreed to the refund. and then went completely against that. at the very least you won't be screwing anyone else over.

because i have a 40 hour a week job and am in school for 14 hours a week and i didn't have time to pull it out and inspect it. finding time to unwrap this motor and put it on a stand is much harder than the hardships you experienced when you couldn't answer your phone. i had actually only had the motor for less than a week before i opened the box.

here is the picture you posted of the block ready for shipping that you can clearly see the top three case bolts missing. pardon me if i didn't trust you to fix this botched build based on the caliber of your previous work, and can't deal with another month (at least) of downtime

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
cranberryumyum is offline   Reply With Quote