some old guy

Member#: 112225
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
1985 78 HP of Rage!
Blue

Default Moving Forward

AKIC Members,

Over the last several months we have seen our board take a turn in the wrong direction. There has been a lot of negative postings, taking veiled jabs, calling other members out, taking threads down rabbit trails and tensions have been rising. I know many of the long time members have their thoughts on why this is happening but regardless of why, we need to move forward.

There is a lot of new blood on the boards who have joined over the last year... several just moved up to Alaska, some new owners and some who just bumped into AKIC while surfing the web. These are folks that are looking to meet other subaru enthusiasts, they likely have a lot of questions about their cars, what mods are available, vendors, events or Alaska in general and i know this group has alot of experience to offer.

I know my posting isn't an instant fix but I wanted to start off with a clean slate, a new beginning (hey, it is Spring). With that said, we will be addressing any members that purposely post whore, flame, troll, disrespect other members, mods etc. Additionally if you see a thread that you feel is headed for the same fate feel free to report it.

Summer's around the corner... we will be having meets, autocross events, car shows and many other opportunities to meet face to face this year... let's enjoy it.

Finally, you'll notice this thread isn't locked, feel free to post your thoughts on how we can move AKIC forward.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Racer Dubya; 03-29-2013 at 09:25 PM.