View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 11:15 AM   #15
BretAZ
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 320866

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo607 View Post
Hell of a deal if that is a turbo beetle! The 2.0 powertrain on those is solid, same as the GTI. My neighbor spent 24K for a used non-turbo beetle convertible.....
It is the turbo. Pretty much a base turbo. The only option it had was the xenon headlights w LED DRLs and 19 inch wheels which was a $1,000. They did have some turbos without that option but I thought it added some character. I know the 19s are not going to ride as well and will be much more expensive to replace, but the style of the 19s looks much better in my opinion.

A turbo with an msrp of $24,165 can be purchased right now for $18,665 which is a hell of a deal. This 2.0T is pretty smooth and quick. Smooth clutch and smooth transmission. I did a little research before buying and the only thing I found was problems with the windows going up. Early production models had some issues with anti pinch mechanism. VW issued a TSB which didn't work, and eventually had to do a recall. In the mean time they did have to buy some cars back because of it. The recall finally fixed the problem.

My car was produced 04/15/12 so the first thing I did was make sure the recall work had been done. And it had. Other than that I didn't really see anything else. Since this motor has been around a very long time and is used in many different cars, I hope the bugs have all been worked out. I did find it kind of interesting that this car car was sitting on the lot the whole time I owned the impreza.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
BretAZ is offline   Reply With Quote