gravitylover
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 334328
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Premium 6MT
Mid Life Crisis White

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwgti123 View Post
Filled up today... 358.1 / 12.502 = 28.64mpg AVG speed was 36mph. Another dissapointing tank. Car never went above 4k rpm, or above 70mph, no hard accel, super boring driving bye the way, and as usual same commute. It is higher than this.. but for discussion sake, 75% highway - One would think that the MPG should be higher than this, I do!!!
You said 36mph avg, that's the issue right there. When my avg hovers just above 30 my combined is ~28, when I get closer to 50 it's more like 33. It really doesn't take much stop 'n go to kill a tanks avg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehnm View Post
In the fuelly.com database we have :

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...5&postcount=35

(thanks to BigFatHorse for some real numbers)

With the CVT, less than 20% are getting the combined mpg (30 mpg), but over half of the MT's do (28 mpg).
Also look at the list for the Crosstrek. We are averaging lower but there are a few standouts (like mine ) although there are only two or three of us getting the epa # or above.

Overall though I do have to say that I didn't expect more than the 27.4 I'm averaging so far but it will be nice to watch it go up just a bit with summer gas and warmer temperatures.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
gravitylover is offline   Reply With Quote