View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 08:54 AM   #5
fistv
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 350063
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza sport
White

One other comment about washing the underbody. We were talking this weekend about the car washing machines, both self service with a wand and the drive thru types. They both use recycled water and while they may re-filter it I have my doubts that those filters will remove the salt and sodium solutions that are used on most road salting operations. I know RO [Reverse Osmosis] will remove this while most other filtering systems won't otherwise DE-salizination plants would be a lot more common. I have one here in my 60,000 sq ft humidor that supplies the humidifiers and I know how much it cost as well as the costs to maintain it. Washing your under side with salt rich water at the car wash may not be such a good idea and I am wondering if this was the cause of the failure of my two Wranglers frames which I regularly blasted at the car wash so the mud, dirt and small rock clumps would not end up in my driveway Just some thoughts. I did thoroughly clean my sport this weekend including getting down on my side and spraying as much as I could reach, that is one seriously big plastic cover under that front end I must say. I did this at home using my own stuff.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
fistv is offline   Reply With Quote