six3jag
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 81540
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
02 WRX
Black

Default Engine bouce or drivetrain slack

Its been a while since i've posted but i am in need of some opinions on a problem with my aging 2002 wrx. I noticed on a high way trip that while in first gear in traffic i could no longer control the engine bounce that comes from lightly increasing the throttle at low rpms. I also notice that after engine breaking in 5th gear for a while when i come back on to the throttle a bit harder i get the same engine jerk or bounce. I have been driving this car for a long time and have never experienced this in 5th gear. I also have a bit harder of a time coming off the clutch in first now. I mean even though i have been driving this car for 9 years i have started stalling it occasionally.

My thoughts were that this is a problem with the motor mounts or transmission mount, and that my engine was winding up like a spring and then when it hits its limits of travel it suddenly unloads the stored energy into the drive train. I have never really seen this problem with anyone else on the forum though.

Is there a good test for the engine mounts?
Does anyone have any other ideas as to the cause of something like this?

Thanks.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
six3jag is offline   Reply With Quote