Member#: 315019
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 5-Door
Ice Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagewhiteboy View Post
Question.

I've seen a few videos of guys with our cars simply removing the axleback and running basically a turndown pipe with no muffler instead. It seemed to sound pretty solid. Originally I was figuring on getting the single outlet axleback from Moore (in which I still may do), but was wondering about this turndown as possibly a temporary solution. I was basically just wondering of the pros and cons. Pros: sound, cheap. Cons: (likely) a tad bit of power loss due to less muffler related backpressure, possible CEL's. Anything else? Never really looked into it much. Figured I'd ask.
As long as you still have the resonator. While I love how my car sounds with the SPT Exhaust we installed in February, cabin noise has been a bit of an issue. I may be revisiting my exhaust system to re-install the resonator that was subsequently removed when we installed this system. The growl from the 2.0i Boxer Engine is beautiful, but the noise inside my 5-Door gets a bit unbearable sometimes when the RPMs are just between 1k and 2k as well as between 3k and 4k. At first I thought Dynamat or some kind of soundproofing would help, but yesterday I was told "Oh yeah hey, you don't have a resonator."
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reverend_ is offline   Reply With Quote