Old 04-02-2013, 10:34 AM   #4
six3jag
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 81540
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
02 WRX
Black

there's about to be 100k on the car. I revved the engine while looking at it for excessive play. There doesnt seem to be too much movement. I would guess it rises or falls 1 inch on each side as it revs. Could be worse with a load on it.

I did notice though that it had some really bad throttle response. I don't recall specificly how quick it responded to the throttle before but if you pull the throttle quick to about a quarter or more it waits maybe half a second or so before responding. Seems like this is too slow.

I also noticed today while driving that the bounce can be brought on without a change in the power transmission direction. That is, even while continuing to accelerate if i suddenly push the throttle harder i get a hard snap to the car, and it kinda bounces like you would get in 1st gear. It does this in all gears. I am not sure where the engine gets enough torque to do this while in high gears. Seems like something is making it feel like it has a lot more torque than it should.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
six3jag is offline   Reply With Quote