Scooby Newbie

Member#: 335945
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 Sport Limited
Satin White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeper View Post
While all this is true, just like most Impreza's don't have oil consumption or other issues like he experienced, most VW's won't have any issues whatsoever.

The odds his car will be a crapbox are not actually that high, even if a higher percent of them are affected.

If you live your life googling every car looking for the flaws you will never buy another new car, because you can always find problems with every auto manufacturer if you look for it.

Hoping his car gives him trouble free miles, and that those who dislike their Impreza get lucky with their next car.
I actually agree with this post. In addition I am in no way defending VW, but they do engineer some great driving cars for a great price.

You take a gamble anytime you buy a machine. I have owned everything from Toyota Supra's to Jetta VR6's to GTI's to Buicks to Ram 1500's to several Mustangs to Audi A4's to Jeep cj7's to an Impreza, no particular order.

Point is I had problems with the Supra's and the Buick more than the other cars combined. So based upon that, I would definately purchase the other brands.

There are no guarantees. It just comes down to taste, experiences and needs. I actually really like the ride of my impreza - almost luxurious, smooth, roomy and so far reliable. Does have many annoying rattles, and it is definately not a super fun car to drive IMO, wheras most German Cars provide a more rewarding driver experience, again JMO from my experiences. But that is not what I purchased it for. Knew that going in. So, with that said, hope the OP truely has a better experience. Nothing worse than hating your new car.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
vwgti123 is offline   Reply With Quote