Originally Posted by RJSoobs251
According to studies backed by the department of energy, the average car will be at its advertised MPG at 55 mph. But as the speed increases:
- 3% less efficient at 60 mph
- 8% less efficient at 65 mph
- 17% less efficient at 70 mph
- 23% less efficient at 75 mph
- 28% less efficient at 80 mph
Regardless of your vehicle, engine, or size, the numbers hold true.
Pesky meddling government scientists with all their measuring and calculating!
You would almost think driving the impreza at speeds averaging over 70mph will give you less than the 36mph promised on the window sticker!
Obviously, a big fraud!