View Single Post
Old 12-18-2000, 08:27 PM   #14
blonde_man
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 3283
Question

I changed my headunit to an old single din, Blaupunkt Orlando Tape deck/CD changer controller. Still haven't found a permanent mounting place for the 10 CD changer, right now it's behind the driver's seat with some rags around it to dampen movements.

I want to use the glove box for other things, so I'll try to fit it in the trunk. Hopefully I can attach it to the metal deck above the trunk, then it'll be out of the way. I make a lot of runs to the airport to drop off and pick up people, so I need room for the luggage! Putting in a single 8" - 10" or 12" woofer in the deck between the 6x9's would be cool! That deck is pretty solid with that metal! You could probably mount an amp to the underside of it too!

I know what's under there because I replaced the pathetic stock 6x9's with Alpines. That rear window sure is a pain because it's SOOO close to the speakers! Needed a 90degree screwdriver or a socket attachment for a screwdriver to get to them!

Hmmm I'd love to get more bass out of the system but still conserve space! Maybe a single woofer setup would work?

Eric
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.