equiraptor
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 300017
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Limited
WR Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburgoon View Post
Really? You have shoe problems? I can heel/toe in any shoe, steal toe'd boots, my vans, flip flops, barefoot anything.
I can't. If I try really, really, really hard, I can kinda, sorta heel-toe in my motorcycle boots. Those and heels are the only shoes in which I have trouble heel-toe-ing, though. Then again, I'm female, and have mid-size to small feet for a woman. When I heel toe, I actually heel-toe (not side of foot, like people with larger feet do). So high heels and stiff ankles interfere with my ability to twist my foot and get things positioned right.

In general, though, good shoes for heel-toe are ones that let you feel the pedal and that let you move your feet around effectively. I've heard it said that thin soles that have some structure are good for those who do the ball-of-foot-to-side-of-foot style. If your feet are small enough for actual heel-using heel-toe, anything thin, small, and flexible works well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_look_zero View Post
Only "shoe" I could comfortably heel toe in was a pair of fivefingers (Toe shoes)
I love my Vibrams for driving, as do many other people. At autocross and track days, fire rating isn't required, so we wear them. The KSO and See-Ya (laced or velcro) are great for it, as are the EL-X (mens only model) and Alitza (women only). The one problem is if you're trapped in the car in a fire, they're made from materials that can melt to your feet. That's not much of a concern on the street or with a 3-point belt, but with a harness, it's something to think about.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
equiraptor is offline   Reply With Quote