Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2013 F150 King Ranch
Datsun 71 240Z & 68 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by White out View Post
Bwahahaha!!
Your 911 is a lot nicer than mine.

That's the problem, people that haven't driven high performance automated manual gearboxes have no clue to how much fun they are. Aside from 991 PDK, GTR, and e-gear (haven't driven F1); no other automated manual I've driven is a 1/4 of the enjoyable factor of those. The GTR & e-gear don't make you feel devoid of mechanical control (even though you are); I'm sure the PDK option with big paddles would add this to the 991. Where every other DSG I've driven has made me want ram the car into a tree.

I guess the best way to explain how much better these automated manuals is: the difference between the pedal & shift feel of a Corolla manual and F430 manual (or 997.2 Turbo; LP570-4; etc).
A 600 HP car will be fun if it had tank tracks and a rubber band for a transmission.

Fun is relative and nobody can tell anybody else a manual is more fun than a DSG. But I can tell you a manual is more engaging and interactive. If people place a premium on that metric then they will always prefer a manual.

IN no way would I ever say a PDK equipped Porsche, or lambo, or Ferrari would be NO FUN AT ALL. I would just prefer the slower manual equipped car, because in my world and in just about everybody elses world, lap times do not matter.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SCRAPPYDO is online now   Reply With Quote