soobie doo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 324017
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
Ice Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyypants View Post
My oassanger seat sensor goes off randomly for the seatbelt! And no one will be in the passanger seat. And than it will turn off at random.
Have to turn the car off at times and turn it back on to turn it off.

I have 2013 impreza sport woth 1,600 ,miles
Any ideas?
Technical Service Bulletin # 17-16-12
Pages: 8

Bulletin Description: If you encounter a customer complaint that the Air Bag Warning Light was illuminated and the Passenger Air Bag Indicator was OFF when the passenger seat was occupied, the Occupant Control Unit may need to be replaced. This bulletin is only applicable if DTC B1650, B1760 and/or B1761 are also stored in memory. A possible occupant action that may have resulted in this condition would be the use of an iPod or cell phone (plugged into the Accessory power outlet) by someone seated in the passenger seat when the ODS is On. Another cause may be a seated passenger touching a metal part of the vehicle that is electrically grounded (i.e. forward/rearward seat adjuster lever) when the ODS is On. The possibility of these conditions affecting the ODS is dependent upon the occupant’s personal capacitance. To reduce the possibility of the condition reoccurring, the Occupant Control Unit logic was modified to be less sensitive under those conditions.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
soobie doo is offline   Reply With Quote