Scooby Guru

Member#: 873
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2013 F150 King Ranch
Datsun 71 240Z & 68 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipToBeSquare View Post
I have an SVX, and open those long doors in my two car garage. Just fine.

Have you driven an X4 to make all those claims?

Did I ever claim a 2-door X4 would be a sports car? Did I ever use those words? NO, I did not. I called such a thing a grand touring allroad-style AWD coupe.

Are sports cars the only cars ever made with two doors and as much performance as a street car can use? No.

If someone has an issue with child seats... they have EVERY OTHER VEHICLE ON THE MARKET WITH TANDEM DOORS TO CHOOSE FROM, so what.

Maybe it doesn't handle like a race car... but if the roads were like race tracks, my Legacy's suspension wouldn't be beaten to death.

People are already complaining that BMW is offering too many models for too many different niches.

I simply point out the fact that moving X6 a little further from redundancy with X5, or X4 a bit further from X3, or any other similar pairing, would not hurt anything...

So don't complain about companies building redundant products, and then criticize people who call for more product variation. That would be hypocritical.

Heaven forbid a company build a car for someone other than you...

Maybe I should claim that you think BMW should never build another coupe whatsoever... because you say that it might as well have 4 doors.

M4 coupe NIX'D. Make due with M3 4-door. likewise for any 4-series coupe vs. 3-series sedan.
M6 coupe NIX'D. Make due with M5 4-door, or Gran Coupe. Or X6M, or 5-series GT, or X5M. Same for any 6-series coupe.

Mustang... NIX'D. Make Due with Taurus or Fusion.

Camaro and Corvette NIX'D. Make due with Chevy SS sedan. You can't put a child seat in a Corvette, children are at risk in the front seat.

Challenger GONE, make due with Charger, with no 6MT... You don't need it.

FT86 GONE. Make due with Lexus IS250/Toyota Altezza RWD 6-speed, and go back to another decade with no Subaru Coupes.

I'll bet that just killing every coupe on the market would be just FINE with you. Because you don't need it, so nobody else should want it.

How's that mischaracterization? You like that?

Um, yeah, you are waaay off the mark, but keep going I like it when you type when you are mad. Also just courious, do you double space every phrase on purpose, or is that a setting you have?

Your obsession with a coupe is borderline OCD. When a sedan performs the same in every possible way, but gives you more room, easy access to that room, and cheaper insurance. You are not calling for product diversity. You are asking them to build a car NOBODY will freaking buy but you. But I guess you are okay with that.

You want a MT, grand touring, AWD coupe, that has to have ground clearance and still ride like a sporty car.

Hip I wish you luck man. You are going to be unhappy for the vast majority of your life if you keep setting yourself up for failure like this. Your lack of grasp of automotive economics has long amused me. Any time you start a sentence with, "WHY Can't they...." just stop.

Look go buy a rally fighter...AWD ground clearance, Big HP, two doors, blah blah blah.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SCRAPPYDO is offline   Reply With Quote