Scooby Newbie

Member#: 201407
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
09 STI
12 WRX, 06 Foz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postoloff View Post
Ill still never forget one (of the many) things that have happened to me. People pay quite a bit of attention to these cars, even though they've never heard of Subaru.

I'd just picked up my '11 STi sedan a week or so before, and was out to eat. It was a seat yourself place. We had a waitress that was in her 40's. She took our drink order, retuned, and asked if that was my vehicle outside. I said yeah, and she returned with a "that looks really nice... Is that the new Ford Mustang? I honestly thought she noticed the wrong vehicle. I looked outside for a Mustang, realized there wasn't any, chuckled, and said no, it's a Subaru. I swear she quit listening. I was trying to tell her it's just as fast, and is AWD all the time (which is nice in unpredictable Indiana weather) & she just said huh and walked away.

I don't mind people that mistake it for another make/model, but if you throw something out there you should know what you're talking about. At least that's my opinion. She could have simply asked what it was because it looked nice. She could have listened to what I had to say after I said no, it's a Subaru. She could have done a lot of thing differently, but you know what? She was still a damn good waitress. Good tip, even though her attitude wasn't the best after figuring out it was foreign. Yes. There are still those people.
Does she think that all those American muscle cars like the Camaro are actually made in the US...?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
JH1304 is offline   Reply With Quote