Subaray
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 352013
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza ltd
white 5spd sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Eye View Post
Who said that I don't think an oil consumption problem exists?? I simply stated is that the fix is to get a short block replacement which SOA will give you if you meet the requirements. Please don't put words in my mouth, as you don't know what you're talking about. I have been around since day one and are well aware of the issues people are having. The 1qt per 1200 miles isn't just a Subaru standard, take a look there are other companies that use that as well.
To your statement : The 1qt per 1200 miles isn't just a Subaru standard, take a look there are other companies that use that as well.[/quote], I'm aware of it, it is known as "the industrie standard". But do you honestly think that this consumption rate really make sens for consumer? Do you really think it make sens mechanically and enviromentally wise... This standard is not new from 2012, so why consumer never had to deal with a basic issue as oil consumption before (maybe it's your first car) .
Engine oil is used to cool and lubicate the engines moving parts and not to be used as a consumable like gas. Burned oil leaves unwanted deposit everywhere as on : valve seats, piston top, spark plugs and catalytic converter.

Anyway my engine is now steadily burning a 1L every 3000 km so I should be happy... at least it's not burning 1L every 2 001 km I would be in the same situation, not meeting the requirements. I don't think that consumer should accept this answer from Subaru. I would if they had advice me of this feature (1L every 2000km is tolerate) before buying. In this case I would live with it because that would have been fair.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Subaray is offline   Reply With Quote