Member Sales Rating: (46)

Member#: 43393
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2014 Audi a6
Daytona Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 HKS WRX View Post
That's a setup I'd love to hear, if you have the time to post a video. I bet opening up the DP let's the boxer rumble come through a little more, without being too loud.

That's why I'm hanging onto my stock mufflers. Once I add the DP and go Stage 2, it might be too loud for me (and by "me," I mean my girlfriend and neighbors).
I'll do this tomorrow. PM me your email address.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NamelessPerformance View Post
All of these people are right. You keep the R's low and it'll be fine for your neighbors. I'd also recommend not firing the car up and letting it cold start idle for an extended period of time before work, etc. Best way to start the car is fire it up, blip the throttle and it'll fall out of cold start mode (which is effectively higher rpm and retarded spark timing to fire off the cats for better emissions). The spark timing, cam timing and rpm all contribute to a fairly loud cold starting exhaust note.

Jason
^^This is what has had me out of two exhausts so far. That loud Blab Blab Blab cold start sound is ferocious if you are catless and have really free flowing exhaust cans.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Louie is online now   Reply With Quote