I'm attempting the same conversion, I blew my ej20g and got an ej20h longblock for a hyper cheap price. I'm just about ready to put the motor in the car but was wondering if anyone can clear up what sensors need to be swapped? I've read a lot about the EJ20R Cam/Crank sensors needing to be swapped but I haven't been able to find anything specific for the EJ20H -> EJ20G swap.
some gotcha's that I came across thus far:
1) Oil/Coolant feeds/returns need to be plugged on the one side
2) Coolant (feed I think?) is on the far side of the turbo now instead of directly underneath. anyone have a solution for this? the only thing I can think of is to S a line from the one side to the other.
3) Said coolant line is touching the up-pipe. my only solution is to wrap both the up-pipe and coolant line with heat wrap.
4) metal coolant lines that run from the thermostat behind the timing cover had to be swapped
5) Engine mounts look completely different but appear as if they will fit. I have yet to test it.
If I'm missing anything, any advice/guidance would be greatly appreciated.