NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 198281
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by manitou View Post
Very cool Chris! Is this something that you will produce or are thinking of producing? I would be happy to test it for you with my XTI, before and after comparisons!
Thanks! We'll just have to see if anyone else likes the theory behind it as much as I do. Worthless bling or functional, I don't know, but I feel better with it on there

I only got enough stuff to make the one, but if there's demand we'll make some more and see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layvon View Post
I think it looks good and would probably increase flow, however I can smell a debate on the necessity coming. My gut tells me this will help the dedicated circuit racers that see sustained loads for more than a few bursts.

If nothing more it gets rid of the stock ugliness which for some builds is dang near mandatory.

**edit**
It just dawned on me this may be necessary for part of this kit due to radiator / other size/space restraints . So if that is the case then it will obviously be useful
There's definitely a higher flow capacity with this part. The factory piece has a super sharp corner (poor flow and bubble creation debatable) and I'm willing to bet a beer that most of the coolant flows through one half of the thermostat a lot more than the other. Even the ID of the smallest section is quite a bit bigger than OEM because it's thinner walled stainless.

The Low Mount Kit did have some off the shelf bends and couplers. It wasn't pretty, but it worked just fine, so this part isn't needed. Although it does look pretty cool and I did angle the inlet to match the Low Mount specific radiator I designed
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.