Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 233930
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX 5-door
PBP

Cool

I went by Evanston Subaru this afternoon and was very impressed

I met with Mike (Evanston Subaru here on the forums). First - he knew all about the year changes on the WRX's, which was a good sign. I wanted to see a the black silica color and he was kind enough to pull the plastic off of a new car so I could get a better look at it, which was a pretty accommodating.

Then it came down to talk pricing. First - I'm trying to get a car that's hard to find so this is going to cause him some grief - there are none within 200 miles etc. . Right away - no negotiations - he offered me the car for at least $1500 less than the price I had to negotiate another Subaru dealership down to, *and* Mike gave me the price in writing.

They valuated my trade-in a couple thousand less than I was expecting but he was respectful (didn't talk down to me like has been my previous experiences with dealers) when he pointed out the issues that brought it down to that price and I couldn't disagree with him.

Evanston Subaru & Mike get two thumbs up from me so far - can't wait to get to see how the actual purchase goes down and get in a new WRX

Plus Mike's one of us - an enthusiast (we talked shop for 10 minutes after we were done and I was outside) - and their coffee's pretty good too

EDIT: Mike was able to place dibs on exactly the car I wanted within 2 days
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Andrew47; 04-12-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Andrew47 is offline   Reply With Quote