Old 04-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #1
gggplaya
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 139444
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza
Dark Gray

Default Bad Throw Out release Bearing?

My car is still fairly new with all highway miles. It's a 2008 impreza 2.5i with about 90,000 miles on it. The car rides and drives perfect up until this morning.

Today when i pulled into work everything was fine. Clutch works like brand new, holds perfect, no chatter, i'm sure it's got plenty of life. But when i pulled into my spot, i went to put it into first gear to park and i couldn't get it into gear and the clutch pedal was stuck to the floor. It wasn't the mat or anything, but i did manage to pull it back up manually with my toe. Now when i drive my car whenever i push the clutch in, it makes an extremely loud metal/metal squeal the entire time i push the clutch in. When i went under the hood, i manually pushed the clutch lever at the slave cylinder and it squeals as soon as i put a little pressure on it.

Does this sound like i need to replace my throw out bearing and along with it my clutch? Or could it be anything else i'm not thinking of? Can i spray something down the boot at the slave cylinder to get me by for a few days until i can work on it, or take it to a shop?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by gggplaya; 04-09-2013 at 01:55 PM.
gggplaya is offline   Reply With Quote