Scooby Newbie

Member#: 338666
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2014 Impreza Limited
SWP/Blk Leather CVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteg View Post
You've obviously not seen the filter we're talking about or have done any research of your own. You're just spewing out nonsense based on what you saw a few years ago that "someone" else did the research on. If you've seen or read anything about these filters you'd know your statement is garbage!

I would pay money to see you use used toilet paper on your car! But like you said, it is your car and your money!
Fair enough. Perhaps that series of Fram is better than what they have sold in the past.

The reference I made was from a reputable Moto Guzzi tech 4 or 5 years ago. He took a UFI(Factory Guzzi filter), Fram, and two others that I can't recall right now. He cut them open, took pictures and put them out for all to see. I know this guy and he has also written a couple of books on Moto Guzzi. (Moto Guzzi Big Twins by Greg Field is one.) HE DOES KNOW WHAT HE TALKS ABOUT. In any case, the UFI was light years ahead in terms of construction. Also, the amount of filter media, (number of pleats and size of pleats), were far greater than the Fram. Well over twice the media when laid flat. The UFI was simply a much better filter.

I guess I would like to buy a couple filters and cut them open and see.

John
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Guzzi 1 is offline   Reply With Quote