Scooby Newbie

Member#: 245287
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWilly View Post
I will fully agree that it would look miles better with a drop, but it's just not feasible simply for aesthetics. Living in Baltimore already has enough crappy streets and steep driveways curbs with just a lip. I plan to keep the car until it's junk, so I figure once my struts are totally shot I will replace with some coils. Most likely by then I'll live somewhere else and/or have another DD.

allow me to share with you the car that made me fall back in love with the OEM BBS, especially silver which I have never really liked. I prefer WRX skirts/trunk/JDM fogs and i can go either way with the mudflaps (i removed mine) but after spending so long looking at other wheels, having a set of gold and silver BBS with summer/winter tires is really exciting again.

IMO the BBS's are old enough now that they are almost back in style. It's rare to see them in great shape, and I really appreciate them when they are. Mine are not, but very soon that will change.

Plus, maybe it's just me but the newer subaru's just don't do anything for me. Peanuts/bugeyes/2.5RS's are where it's at, and I'm glad to be in that group. I'll wave at the newer Subaru owners (assuming they aren't flatbill hellaflushers acting like tards) but I don't ever feel envious of the newer MY's.
I 100% agree. I bought my set off of a guy that had them completely refurbished. They were rattle-canned gloss black, but I got them powdercoated a silver with a bit of bronze flake, which looks awesome, especially with good lighting. I'll get a picture in here as soon as I give it a good bath! Then its time for splitters and a lip!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
KCsubikid is offline   Reply With Quote