NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 8636
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
WRX, OBXT, NA Miata,
F250SD, no more SVX :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element Tuning View Post
The upgrade path is really straight forward with the cable throttle cars so even older units like the 2.5 can be upgraded.. Just keep in mind 2.7 requires new tuning, when you upgrade through us we'll provide a new base map, but tuning is so much easier/faster while also being more advanced.

If you have new parts, want to run E85, or tune your car often, it's a no brainer, upgrade to 2.7 and you will not regret it!
What's the upgrade process and cost? I'm assuming I'll need to send you my 2.5. Like I said, it's for an '02 WRX w/ '04 AVCS (I reused the TGV wiring for the AVCS control on the engine harness). Also, I've got the wideband option already.

My car is currently running off the stock ECU while I break-in my recently rebuilt motor and pass smog. The map on my Hydra 2.5 isn't for the current motor, so there's no huge loss with needing new maps since I'll have to retune for this motor anyway.

Current setup:

'02 WRX intake manifold/throttle body (cable throttle)
TGV deletes
2.5L EJ257 block, forged pistons (stock compression)
'04 STi heads
Deatchwerks 800cc top-feed injectors w/ Perrin fuel rails
KSTech CAI intake, Perrin turbo inlet (silicone), Perrin FMIC
GT52 turbo
ported/polished OEM headers, GS crosspipe, Perrin UP, TurboXS DP, Prodrive cat-back
Halman MBC

So, nothing unusual or too extreme... The only oddity is that I live at about 4200' altitude. Got a base map that should be close?

Feel free to reply here, or PM or email me (sperry at doink.net). Thanks!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
sperry is offline   Reply With Quote