Old 04-10-2013, 09:50 PM   #1
09wrbrex
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 350382
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2009 WRX
WRB

Default Mid-hudson Subaru=Fail. Any reputable shops?

So I bought my 2009 wrx a couple months ago from a dealership in NJ, I knew buying a used wrx is a risk to begin with but it's still under warranty so I went for it. Anyway after about two weeks of owning it I started having transmission problems so I brought it to mid Hudson Subaru in wappingers falls/fishkill ny and had the transmission replaced with a used transmission with less miles because I was told that Subaru does not supply new transmissions for the wrx/sti as long as the case is good. Well a couple weeks after that I noticed the transmission was leaking so I brought it back and they told me it was just over filled and leaking out of the filler cap (sounds like bs to me but they didn't charge me so I figured what the hell). Anyway it was still leaking so a few days later I brought it back and this time they tell me they found the leak coming from the shifter something (sorry I forgot what he said exactly) BUT they didn't know what parts were needed to fix it so they'll call me when they figure it out yet their supposed to be certified Subaru mechanics..... I was amazed that they would tell me, their customer, that they don't know how to fix it and they'd call me. So after two visits and still no answer for a transmission leak I am definitely not going back to that dealer. I made an appointment for colonial Subaru in Kingston ny so hopefully they will know what their doing an have an answer for me. So does anybody know if colonial Subaru is a good shop? Or know of any other local shops that are trustworthy, reliable, etc?

Sorry for the long story by the way..
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
09wrbrex is online now   Reply With Quote