Turbo27
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 270182
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
OBP

Default Update

Haven't updated this in a LONG time, but im getting the car ready for the next track season and figured id post my progress this season:

This weekend I finally got around to getting all my brake ducting installed.
My setup includes Chargespeed brake ducts, Rooduct intermediate ducting, Quantum Motorsports duct plates and some 3" high temp silicone brake hose.

I trimmed the OEM dust shield so the plates would fit around them. its a good idea to keep the dust shield to protect the ball joint and tie rod boots from the heat.

Drilled and tapped holes 8-32 holes for the Rooducts. These are made to keep 100% of your stock wheel clearance while still routing air to the brakes with minor modifications to the car.

Routed the hose to connect everything and made sure there was plenty to extend through the wheel travel.

I ziptied the Chargespeed ducts into the fog lights holes and it actually holds them very securely. The pics below are the end result:

Last pic shamelessly stolen from Chuckles (Charlie Smith)

Still need to replace my front driver and rear passenger wheel bearings and then ill be ready for my first track day which is at Putnam with 10/10ths on May 5th. Then 2 weeks after that at Putnam again I will be at the NASA event. Probably wont update this until after those events.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Turbo27 is offline   Reply With Quote