View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 03:36 PM   #897
04IncreasedWRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 325135
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX
WRB

This thread is awesome. I'm actually starting school soon for mechanics and yes I know I'll deal with morons/idiots, but I very much enjoy tinkering with a variety of things esp cars (duh). Anyway on to my story, this goes hand and hand with the sexist stuff about the women not knowing crap about cars. My sister who doesn't know **** about cars took her car in to the shop, I can't remember exactly what was wrong but they were going to charge her about 900 dollars. She called me, and asked me about it, I told her it should only cost around 5-600 including labor since the part wasn't expensive.

I also called my father-in-law who is a journey man mech for 50 years, worked for the big 3 @ a company called TRW. They custom built race car engines and tested ones that will last for 10+ years. He said the same thing I did. So I called my sister back, told her "Go back to them and tell them your brother and your in-law are both mechanics and say you're ripping me off and to only pay this amount, so either you be fair or I take my business elsewhere" They dropped the price immediately

PS: That hyundai video is disturbing. However working on lots of random cars... I've seen some like that, just not nearly as bad lol.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
04IncreasedWRX is offline   Reply With Quote