Reserving the thread now but we got the motor home on reservation already and was super cheap after pricing around 440 bucks for a 30' no mileage or towing fees from the 24 and return on the 27. So looks like we going and i'll tow the evo up after all through ABC motor home super nice gal there to name was Cindy.
are you getting ready?
Tanacross occurs twice yearly just outside of Tok. This is where we put on our wheel to wheel and time trials events, enjoy great family and friend times with awesome camping and pot luck evenings.
May 25-26, 2013 - Tanacross Airstrip, Tok, AK
Online registration is only for those paying online. Cash and Check registrations will be taken at the event.
It is suggested for wheel to wheel drivers to have your membership and competition license applications approved before registering.
WHEEL TO WHEEL
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED FORMS
2013 AASCLC Membership
2013 Competition License
Wristbands (given at registration)
Refer to competition rules
for complete list
All classes of vehicles are welcome. Please review the Competition Rules for more information on each class.
All wheel to wheel cars are required to attend. If you cannot make it, please contact the club
May 11, 2013
12 PM (noon)
Underground Performance & Off-Road
Wristbands (given at registration)
Refer to competition rules for complete list
WANT TO HELP?
We are always looking for volunteers to help at our events. This includes registration and corner workers for our ice racing events. If you are interested in volunteering, come to one of our monthly meetings to find out more information and let us know you’d like to help out.
OTHER GENERAL INFORMATION
For those of you who are unfamiliar, here are a few pertinent details:
* Yes, there is real road racing in Alaska!
* There will be both wheel-to-wheel road racing and single car time trials at this event.
* Wheel-to-wheel cars must be actual caged race cars and pass a rigorous tech inspection. Driver gear (racing suit, helmet) is also inspected at this time.
* Wheel to wheel classes include Improved Touring, GTU, GTO, GTX, and Legends.
* Time trial cars can be regular street cars, as long as they are in good working order. Drivers must wear helmets and long pants/sleeves, but no special safety equipment is required.
* No experience is necessary to drive in this event—coaching is available for both time trial and wheel-to-wheel drivers.
* Free camping is available on-site and other, more luxurious, forms of lodging are available in Tok (about 10 miles away).
* Feasting and other forms of merry making are encouraged, but not necessarily required. This is a family-friendly environment and not an all out party—BYOB and something for the Saturday potluck dinner.
* While we would like to see everyone compete, we do also need volunteers to work the track. If you are a spectator, a corner station is definitely the best seat in the house from which to watch the races.
* Volunteers will also be eligible to go on ride-alongs in either time trial cars or wheel-to-wheel cars (with proper safety gear).
* Pre-race tech inspection for wheel-to-wheel cars will be held at a local shop. Location, date, and time TBA–watch our website and this thread for details. Please plan to attend this tech inspection or be prepared to pay an additional fee of $50 for inspection at Tanacross.
* Don't build a race car without first checking with the club for rules, regulations and advice.