Scooby Guru

Member#: 48219
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
. Always drive
the race line .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterous View Post
Yeah, that's been well known and understood in the community for years BUT there is one major difference. The AN fittings on the standard Peterson can are -10 and -8. Phil has his cans custom made with -12 and -10 fittings so that they flow more air.
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.patrickmotorsports.com/part/oil-08-0410/
BREATHER/FLUID CATCH TANK - ALUMINUM 3 INCH DIAMETER - INTERNALLY BAFFLED - 1X AN-12 MALE & AN-8 MALE PORTS - BOTTOM QUICK DRAIN PETCOCK VALVE - INCLUDES INSULATED STAINLESS STEEL CLAMP
Looks like the Peterson can has a -12 fitting and not -10 like you said. But maybe you are right about the other fitting being bigger on the Element can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Element Tuning View Post
Guys our cans are 100% custom made for us and are 3.5" in diameter and are not the Peterson 2.5" can. Even the 3.5" band clamp is custom made for us and cannot be purchased anywhere but from us. I really put a lot of r&d into developing exactly what i needed and when it wasn't perfect we redesigned it.

I honestly wish I made 300% but I don't and when its wholesaled it's hardly worth my time but trust me when I say it's priced fairly. If you want a Peterson can buy one, if you want our 3.5" with larger fiting ports, AN Aeroquipe fittings, mounting brackets, quality hose, high temp glass reinforced fittings, and proper instructions, then support our company
I guess you've never measured the Peterson can. Because it is NOT 2.5". See the quote/link above. Tom, mind if I measure your Element can's diameter at the next meet?

OH WAIT, I don't have to since Element says it right here on their website...
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.elementtuning.com/elementcompetitioncatchcan.htm
Element Competition Catch Cans are fabricated in the USA: (not all kit components are shown in picture)

- Dimensions: 11.25" Length x 6" Diameter
- 3" Diameter Aluminum Catch Can
- 1.4" breather port
- Wire Mesh/Cotton Breather Filter
- -12 AN Crankcase Breather Port
- -12 AN Socketless Aluminum 90% fitting
- -10 AN Head Breather Port (or can be used as a -8 AN Intake Vacuum Port)
Also, this last statement confuses me. How do you connect a -8AN or -10AN connector to the same fitting?

I sure do love me a smoke and mirrors show.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
MRF582 is offline   Reply With Quote