Originally Posted by Integra96
There aren't ANY full reviews yet, as far as I can tell.
Drove an XT Touring (no Eyesight) yesterday.
- improved interior
- quieter (but not luxury car quiet)
- lots of power and some cool turbo noises - I believe the low-mid 6 second 0-60mph estimate
- the CVT works great overall - simulated ratios in S/S# are nearly indistinguishable from a true automatic
- the stability control comes on if you even think about cornering hard
- handling is reasonably good but doesn't touch the CX-5 in my opinion
- Forester feels substantial, but also heavy
- the new H/K system sounds better than the older ones (like in the Legacy)
- backseats are huge
- I'm still not a huge fan of the front seats - there's just no thigh support
A lot of vehicle for ~$32,000
See. A few people on here had said that when they were comparing to the 13 Foresters. I was interested because I hadn't driven anything that handled as well as a Forester. To me. We got a CX-5 in on trade and I was rubbing my hands together in excitement. I thrashed that thing pretty good and I just don't see it. Very uncomfortable to me inside and, to me, didn't feel near as surefooted at a Forester. And that was comparing to the 13. This new 14 is even better. Maybe I'll have to try again now that I have driven a XT on a small auto cross course.