Scooby Newbie

Member#: 340297
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza 5sp Prm
Ice Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dromond56 View Post
I am hoping some more experienced folks could lend me some advice.

I have a 2013 Impreza 5 spd hatch base model. I really like the car, and use it for daily commuting as well as driving up mountain passes for skiing. I spend a lot of time with 3-4 people in the car, loaded with ski gear, and with a roof box loaded with more gear. The car gets a bit wobbly feeling left-to-right over 65mph, in high winds, and especially in corners all loaded up with people.

Through researching past threads on the subject, it became apparent that my car has no rear sway bar to speak of. I have no experience with adding or changing sway bars (or auto suspension parts of any kind) but it would seem to explain the wobble factor.

It looks like a lot of folks go for a 19mm sway bar over the stock one. Will this make the car ride very rough over over ruts and bumps? The thicker bar may make sense since a lot of time I have weight on the roof of the car and 3-4 passengers. Installation looks pretty straightforward.

My main question is: since my car has no rear sway bar, what parts do I need in addition to the bar itself? Several people have suggested this bar in previous threads, and it says that it comes with bushings. I know that because my car has no sway bar I will need extra parts, but I'm not immediately sure what those are. End links, brackets and what else? Is there a kit that you would recommend? I'm looking for something cost-effective and straightforward, rather than the most tricked out part available.

Thanks everybody!
The front of the car already has a 22mm and it's not harsh at all. The rear with a 19 will make the cars handling amazingly neutral, with mild understeer into some corners if pushed very abruptly and mild oversteer upon exiting the corner. I have this bar and it's amazing and predictable. However, I want to upgrade to a 22mm to lower the weight transfer shift when transitioning directions on windy roads and make the rear bias more consistent. Take your pick, either one is a good decision, just understand the ramifications and how you will have to drive the car to compensate for any changes in handling.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Dirt Bringer is offline   Reply With Quote