Scooby Newbie

Member#: 276915
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Limited
Satin White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer3 View Post
It will be a little while till I get DSLR pictures but I'll give you a short review for now. Install was really tedious as I have never done it before, but spend most of your time prepping if you do go through with it. I actually had to go out and buy some longer screws,washers,and nuts for the supplied brackets that hold the new projector's in since the stock one's are not even close, so taking your time. The only other obstacle I overcame was the routing of the morimoto ballasts. All 08+ headlights have slots on the underside which are made for the oem STi matshuita ballasts, but they are 35w so I chose not to go that route.

Initial impression: Cutoff is significantly better! The foreground lighting appears to be much brighter. My fogs with yellow overlays seam to be non-existent now lol. For the price ($100 for projectors& brackets, $160 for ballasts, bulbs, & high-beam splitters), you cannot beat it. If you are comfortable with DIY's and rather putting your headlights in the oven, then I'd say go for it! lol.
Here's a few pics from the process:
Awesome! I plan to do this during the summer! I drive all highway to school during fall, winter and spring. So since I drive at night back to school I figured I'd treat my self to something I'd use. Where did you order from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishHUYNH View Post

Nicest OBS I've ever seen. Do those mirrors come stock? I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.
No mirrors are from an STI! Thank you sir!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
reide181 is offline   Reply With Quote