View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #23
Purdue22
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (3)

Member#: 348413

Review of APM Racing in Elmhurst

If you are in need car work done, are wanting to have parts installed, fabrication, tuning, or general maintenance look no further. I was referred to Mark @ APM Racing by Phil @ Flat 4 Motorsport after I told him about my frustration with the other shops in the area (e.g., felt like other shops in Chicagoland were exaggerating installation times and they were just out to make a buck). Phil told me that Mark/APM would take care of me and he was absolutely right, thank you again Phil.

Long story short, I ended up doing a 6 Speed STI / Bembo swap with APM Racing. In addition to the swap I had the following added:

Bigger Turbo
Turbo Inlet Hose
Injectors
Fuel Pump
Lightened Crank Pulley
Coilovers
EBCS
Downpipe
TMIC
90k Service
Tune

I couldn't be happier with the service along the way and the outcome, absolutely fantastic. One of the best things about APM is that they will build you an amazing car but they won't just recommend parts or service if you don't actually need them or they feel it will make your car unreliable. There were multiple times I asked Mark if I should buy an addition part and although he would have made more money for his shop, he either recommended that I go another route or just not add that part altogether (how often does this happen?, never in my experience until my dealings with APM).

You will not find better service in Chicagoland (I am convinced) and the pricing will not be matched (APM's pricing was about half as much as others I priced before moving forward with the work). If you are within driving distance you owe it to yourself to contact Mark @ APM. Thank you again Mark and all of the other guys at APM.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Purdue22 is offline   Reply With Quote