Scooby Newbie

Member#: 228665
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2001 2.5 RS
2010 BMW 135i NTR_S

NE-SVT at Devens

April 20th, 2013

7:00 AM out of my window at Devens looking at the seemingly nonexistent field of cars for the first NE-SVT event of the season, clearly due to the 38 degree temps, 20 MPH winds and everyone's favorite track condition....

As you can imagine with cold tires, pools of water and still a bit of rust hanging around from the off season there was quite a bit of action early on. Several spins, 2 from yours truly

Around 10:00 the track had dried, tires had warmed and the event was going strong. This didn't stop Matt from having fun in his Miata doing what Miata's do!

Around lunch time the event had already claimed 2 cars . Brad in his 08 STi thought he encountered the dreaded ring land issue again, come to find out it was simply a hose issue. Then John in his 90 AWD Tsi with a broken wheel stud. (Talk about driving the wheels off it!)

Due to the course setup, station 6 ended up working their butts off to keep things running smooth (and did a nice job of it). Workers counted over 70+ cars hit 1 of 2 cones in the 5 runs after lunch alone. I believe the longest streak of cars to not cone in that particular element was 4!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Ibrake4scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote