View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 10:57 PM   #11
Maxwell Power
Former Vendor

Member#: 190729
Chapter/Region: NWIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-man07 View Post
Yes, more octane and boost and this thing would open up quite bit.

May I suggest a better flowing air filter and, if in the budget, a better set of headers.
The AP headers are very nice and flow very well. It's possible you are mistaking them for another brand. The primaries are nice and large, the merge collector is beautiful, the welds are great, the finish is gorgeous... I don't think there is anything else that AP makes that I like. Coincidentally, I don't think AP really makes these. Pretty sure they're made in china. Regardless, they fit well, I've never had a set crack in 5 years and I have taken them as high as 600whp while being under 30psi. I sell a lot of them and have great success. My only complaint is the gasket they supply with them for the header to up pipe SUCKS. Since the collector has a larger ID than the stock one, the stock gasket works O.K. but hangs into the pipe. We're having custom gaskets made that hopefully won't fail and will still fit the headers perfectly.

The late peak torque is a testament to the conservative timing. If the timing was aggressive, the peak torque would come in right after peak boost. Instead, the safe timing values at peak boost give the car a flatter section of torque and knock down the peak number.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Maxwell Power is offline   Reply With Quote