NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 236475
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil'redwagon View Post
What was weird was that I tried Learning View, and it also gave me the error like there wasn't a cable plugged in. Then I wiggled the part that plugs into the OBD2 port the same way they wiggle the connector in the emissions testing stations, and it worked!
Sounds like a poor connection in your OBD2 socket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil'redwagon View Post
So I tried flashing with ECUFlash, and it gave out in the middle of a flash! It gave me the error that said not to shut off the ignition, just retry the flash. So I did that a couple times and it didn't work. Then I wiggled it, and ultimately, held it pressed in, and it worked!
You can restart a failed flash as many times as it takes as long as you don't turn off the key. Good that you followed the instructions to not turn off the key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dux10 View Post
Tactrix cable. The "older" 2.0's were crap. Tactrix says they have fixed it and if your send them your cable, they will repair/"update" it so its more robust. I think I tuned 10-12 local cars with my 2.0 before it displayed the same symptoms as yours. I sent it back and the repaired it at no cost to me...
The older cable is the same as the newer cable with reinforced connections to the USB. The upside is that you're less likely to sheer the USB off the circuit board, but the downside is that if you hit the USB cable hard with your leg, you can really tweak the connector. If you look at the underside of the USB connector in the OpenPort carefully you can see that there is a seam in the metal. If that seam isn't tight with no visible gap, then it's likely that you've had a strong hit and the USB is potentially fitting a little looser. Using an USB right angle cable like Concillian mentions is a good choice, but even better is using an OBD2 extension cable to move the OpenPort out of the leg area all together if you find you're bumping in to it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
mikeyPSF is offline   Reply With Quote